Teeth whitening, also known as teeth bleaching, is an effective process that helps to lighten the colour of the teeth. The advantage of this treatment is that it does not require tooth surface (enamel) removal. Many clinics offer teeth whitening in Perth. Whitening is needed for several reasons, including some medical disorders such as amelogenesis imperfecta or dentinogenesis imperfecta.
The Department of Health and Aged Care of the Western Australian government has come up with feasible solutions for children in Perth and other cities. The Children Dental Benefits Schedule aims to inculcate better oral health habits in children and train them to care about oral health in their formative years.
Types of Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening, also known as chairside teeth whitening, is the process of lightening the teeth at the clinic after a anxnr.com thorough oral examination. The three types of in-office teeth whitening procedures are:
- Light accelerated whitening
- Internal bleaching
- Nanoparticle catalysts for reduced hydrogen peroxide formation
At-home whitening treatment allows you to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home with professional guidance. The several methods of at-home whitening procedures include the use of:
- Whitening gels
- Tray-based bleaching
Indications of Teeth Whitening
1 Intrinsic Stains
Intrinsic tooth stains occur during the development of teeth. Due to this, the teeth become yellow over time, which can only be resolved with a teeth whitening treatment. Some examples of intrinsic stains are:
- Untreated tooth cavities
- Enamel hypoplasia
- Dental trauma causing pulp necrosis
- Internal resorption causes a pink spot in the tooth
- Fluorosis causes the enamel to become opaque and porous
- Amelogenesis imperfecta
- Dentinogenesis imperfecta
- Consumption of certain medications during pregnancy, such as tetracycline and minocycline
2 Extrinsic Stains
Extrinsic tooth stains are caused due to external environmental factors such as:
- Tobacco and betel chewing
- Excessive consumption of tea or coffee
- Accumulation of plaque and calculus
- Prolonged use of chlorhexidine mouthwash
The Advantages of Teeth Whitening
- It removes stains and discolourations
- It boosts confidence and self-esteem
- It gives a youthful appearance
- It conceals minor teeth imperfections
- It reduces bacteria
The Procedure of Teeth Whitening
1 Chair-Side Whitening
Chair-side whitening treatment is for patients wanting faster results in a very short time. The light-accelerated bleaching treatment uses powerful light energy to accelerate the whitening process. The treatment involves the following steps.
- First, the dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and mouth.
- In the next step, a powerful LED array is used for the carbamide peroxide molecules, accelerating the whitening process.
- The LED array is focused on the teeth for a few minutes and removed.
- You will see instant results upon removal, and the teeth will be lightened.
Clinics offering teeth whitening in Perth use the two latest technologies: Optical Lens Array Technology (OLAT) and Photo-Sequencing Technology (PST), which ensure that the array of LEDs is focused only on the teeth.
2 Home Whitening
The home whitening procedure helps you whiten your teeth from your home with professional guidance from the dentist. Here is what happens:
- First, the dentist will clean your teeth and then take a digital scan, which will help to get a customised tray of your teeth.
- Then the dentist will prescribe a whitening solution or gel containing carbamide peroxide.
- The gel is applied onto the tray and kept inside the mouth for two to four hours a day for desired results.
The Department of Health and Aged Care of the Western Australian government addressed dental health statistics. According to their research, 1 in 25 people has lost all their natural teeth. Therefore, it is no surprise that dental procedures in Perth are pretty affordable.
So, if yellow-coloured teeth are bothering you, teeth whitening is the solution for you. Not only will you get a youthful and natural appearance, but you will also be confident in your smile. The major advantage of whitening treatments is that they do not require the removal of any tooth surface. Many dental clinics provide high-quality teeth whitening treatments at an affordable cost. So, make it a worthwhile experience by opting for teeth whitening treatment at dental clinics.